Longsleeve Lace Print Dress

Longsleeve Lace Print Dress

DIY long sleeve brocade print dress
I was in Orlando attending a food blogger conference and decided to whip this up before cocktail hour. I had a yard of this stretch knit fabric with a lace print and even some clear sequins that bounce the light from Joanne’s Fabric that was $12.99 a yard but had a 40% off coupon knocking that down to $7.79.
deciding on zipper length
It was such a quick project – maybe 20 mins that I wanted to add something to it. I tried the look with different lengths of zippers but a text poll to my girlfriends the verdict was no zipper. I agreed with them but what could I do to make it more customized? I bought some prepackaged grey/black chain and made a little shoulder detail that I love.
adding chains to dress

15 Responses to Longsleeve Lace Print Dress

1. Mike says:

You have so many talents and quite the eye. Also Sofia Vergara has nothing on you.

2. Ruth Koson says:

From the tiny house (s) to the ultimate in interior design to sewing and designing your own dresses with curve appeal, I can only say that you are the ULTIMATE BOMB! I have loved following you ever since you started your tiny house in the jungle. Your quite amazing with your so many gifts and talents! I look forward to following you to see what you end up doing next. All of your work is beautiful!

3. Sally Williams says:

Amazing talent in all areas. A rare find these days. Congratulations Kristie on your many skills.

4. clive winson says:

how many talents can one woman have,,,very clever

5. Jim Palmisano says:

Very impressive. Have you ever considered other alternative housing like cob or strawbale? How about Permaculture and Aquaponics as a means to total self-sufficiency?

Look forward to your thoughts.

6. Rudy says:

Wow, you are extremely gorgeous….speechless. Saw your Hilo home today on TV, looks great…

Thanks Rudy

• Jim Palmisano says:

Come to the Ozarks July 10th and I’ll take you on a float trip(canoe) down the Current River, a Spring fed river that is incredible(not dangerous). We eat especially good too. LOL

Just a thought m8!

7. Matt says:

Marry me?

8. Shaunie says:

So cute :)

9. Hi Kristie, my passion is art, interior design and architecture too but i must say that you make the renaissance artists look like amateurs to how you materialize your ideas and visions.

I am from the Philippines and currently in New York for further studies and i would like to ask if you have ever thought of constructing living spaces in Asia for business or personal uses, if so, my facilities and resources are at your disposal. (in the slight and almost impossible chance that you need it, or need help from others. :) )

And may i also say that you have the most beautiful hands and smile that i have ever seen. (everything about you is perfect, in every way actually. And why the Gods made you that way is a total mystery, if nothing to else but to prove that women can really do everything men can do, even better. And beautifully so. :) And i believe you’re a shining testament to that but anyway..) Sorry can’t help but say it. haha.

Anyway, i hope to see more of your creations! More power and always take good care of yourself! :)